Saturday, December 29, 2012

Let me start again..

I really want to maintain a blog site. I swear. But it has always been one of those things for me – like buying a new notebook and the best writing pen every so often to start a journal and then quitting after a few pages for reasons ranging from too busy at work to simply nakakakatamad lang. So it’s the end of the year and in a few nights the new year will begin. I’m changing tactic here. I am starting a blog at the end of the year in the hope that it will ‘unjinx’ my blog writing dream. 

 My first block : I am confused as to what blog host I should use. I figured I will just use the easiest one. Next block: the TITLE. This is not my strong point. I mean, I’ve maintained a multiply site for a few years and up to the time when multiply decided to change business strat, my site remained to be titled UNTITLED. Very creative for a writer, right? So this time I decided to name my site Angel… well, because my PHR pen name is Angel Bautista. I tell myself it’s simply for easy access. But it’s really so I can stop obsessing about the title and actually do some blog writing, And then when I finally am ready to register I discovered I already opened a site – in 2010 but I never got to writing anything beyond the intro *insert buntunghininga. 

So now that I actually have a blog, I ask myself what do I really want a blog for? I want to write . Maybe I won’t ever be an online critic of any sort – food, books, movie, theater nor will I ever have a ‘must visit site’ for travelers. I’ve been known to take some nice snapshots but professional photographer I am most definitely not. Speaking of photos - I like taking close up shots of people smiling or frowning or sleeping. I like taking photos of side streets and coffee mugs and bodies of water. So maybe this is what this blog will be all about – word versions (since I may be a better writer than photographer) of the most striking place/ people/ food/ experience/ movie/ book for the day. So there you have it folks, my new blog. I want to say enjoy reading but I know that I should be saying wish me luck.

3 comments:

  1. dyaran! welcome to blogging! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thankie. at ikaw ang first ever comment devah?

    ReplyDelete
  3. op kors! i maintain i'm the most eps sa fans mo noh. :D

    ReplyDelete